Taking good care of your hair at home doesn't have to involve spending lots of time and money. These simple tips will keep your locks healthy and strong, and help you to enjoy soft and shiny hair every day. Check out these expert tips from our hairdressers in Exeter. 1. Find A Routine That Works […]
After a very short lived summer, here at The Hair Boutique we are plunging into Autumn. The trend this Autumn is vintage! 2017 is bringing back the 1940's and we're loving it. The vintage/pin up look can be worn by everyone and anyone. From BIG bouncy hair to a pixie cut pieced with a bandana.
Stay with us and we'll take you through how you can achieve both vintage hair and makeup. Oooh aren't we good?!
MENTAL HEALTH POST: I've been listening to soul music this evening and feeling grateful that we live in a time when we have such easy access to so much. I find music to be a blessing when it comes to managing my mental health. When I was extremely ill, I often listened to music that would perpetuate how awful I felt or cause me to stay in a whirlpool of despair. It took me years to take control of this and consciously turn those songs over to ones that I knew would help lift me. Sometimes it was emotion memory that made me feel better, sometimes it was the complete distraction from my brain that I needed so that I could come back later with more clarity. I still struggle to use music mindfully sometimes, but I'm proud of myself for learning to use music as a positive tool. I'm also thankful that so many artists have produced songs powerful enough to change my whole day. If you are having a difficult day, please try to pause and acknowledge what songs put a smile on your face every time you hear them. Take note of them for moments when they might be helpful. I know habits like this won't make the problems disappear and that sometimes it can't help, but sometimes it CAN. And the possibility is worth a shot, isn't it? Hope you all have a lovely evening kittens ❤ #mentalhealth #mentalillness #mentalhealthawareness #bpd #borderlinepersonalitydisorder #depression #anxiety #openup #breaktgestigma #thepowerofmusic #mindfulness #pinupgirl #ukpinup #pinupstyle #londonmodel #selfiewanker #closeup #motd #vintagehair
Vintage hair can be difficult to re-create especially for everyday wear so here is our simple broken down version for you, so you can rock this look any day of the week.
So, if you'd like to re create this look above here's what you'll need;
- Volume shampoo (We love our volume shampoo, can you tell?)
- Root boost powder/dry shampoo
- Barrel curling wand
- Firm hold hairspray
- Begin by washing your hair with a volume shampoo, try to use minimal conditioner as this will weigh your hair down and we don't want that!
- Then blow dry your hair using a round brush just to tuck those ends in and create a soft bouncy base.
- Once your hair is dry, sprinkle some root boost/dry shampoo directly onto your roots and rub the product in! You should notice your hair will start to have a backcombed appearance.
- Using your barrel curler. curl you entire hair. Make sure to take large setion as we want to save time and create big full curls.
- Then create a side parting. Once you have your parting begin to back comb your fringe from the root. After you have achieved the volume your looking for smooth the ends out and let the curl fall.
- Finish with firm hold hairspray!
Ok. It's makeup time! Luckily vintage makeup is super simple to achieve.
Here is what you need;
(Remember you can adapt whatever you like to suit you)
- Black gel/liquid eyeliner
- Red lipstick
- Begin with your usual foundation and concealer.
- Fill in your brows as usual.
- Using your liquid/gel eyeliner to create a wing/cat eye in the style that works for you. Here is a video for those of you who are unsure on how to do so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBb05b9Kdo0
- Apply your mascara on to the top and bottom lashes (you could use fake eyelashes for added glam).
- Use your blush lightly on your cheek bones to give that slight 'rosey' appearance.
- Finally apply a red lipstick. If you find applying lipstick difficult, use a lip liner first to outline the shape of your lips and then go in with your lipstick to fill in the rest.
There you go! Everything you need to rock the 1940's style, we hpe you enjoy it as much as we do!
Related News & Updates
Greying hair is a natural sign of getting older, and the experience and wisdom that comes with age. More people are starting to embrace their silver locks and use going grey as an opportunity to shake things up and try a new look. Whether you have just spotted your first greys, have decided to ditch […]
Space buns are often associated with festivals, but this versatile look can be tailored to suit any occasion. They can be as messy or as sleek as you want, and look great on any hair length and texture. How To Do Space Buns Brush your hair and create a middle parting to split it into […]