Colder weather is right around the corner and unfortunately, that (along with indoor heating) can leave your hair feeling dried-out, limp and brittle. But it doesn't have to be that way! You can keep your hair healthy and shiny all through the winter months with a few quick steps:
• Cut back on the hot water. Instead use warm water to shampoo and cool or cold water to rinse.
• Shampoo your hair less often to keep your hair's natural oils intact and when you do shampoo, use one that is mild and sulfate-free.
• Always use a conditioner and use a leave-in conditioner for extra added moisture.
• Use a deep conditioner once a week. (For a natural version, try egg, avocado or coconut oil!)
• Use a wide-tooth comb or brush with natural bristles to brush your hair and be sure to do so gently, no pulling or tugging.
• Use heat sparingly - allow your hair to air dry instead.
• Keep your dead ends trimmed by getting them cut off every month during the winter season.
• Stay hydrated and incorporate plenty of healthy fats into your diet!
Autumn is also a great time to experiment with darker hair colours, since our wardrobes are switching over to richer hues like brown, green, blue and black. Plus, paler winter skin makes bolder hair colours pop! So why not give one of these fabulous colours a try this season?